More retail stores are now supporting contactless payment methods such as Venmo. They’re safer, easier, and save a lot of time!
So, does 7-11 accept Venmo QR codes?
No, 7-11 stores don’t accept payments through Venmo QR codes. However, if you still want to use your Venmo account for in-store payments, you can sign up for a Venmo debit card.
Venmo debit cards can be used in all stores that accept Mastercards.
In this article, we’ll tell you all about what the accepted payment methods are in 7-11, how to set them up, and what stores support Venmo QR codes and cards.
- How to Get Venmo QR Code? QR Code With a Venmo Business Profile
- How to Scan Venmo Code From Text Message?
- What Is a Venmo Debit Card and How Does It Work?
- How to Set Up a Venmo Debit Card?
- What Are Some Acceptable Payment Methods in a 7-11?
- What Retail Stores Accept Venmo QR Code?
- How to Use Venmo QR Codes in a Store?
What Is a Venmo Debit Card and How Does It Work?
As we’ve mentioned, not all stores accept payments through Venmo QR codes. This is why Venmo made a debit card that operates on the Mastercard network.
This debit card is directly linked to your Venmo account, and you can use it to pay for purchases from your Venmo balance.
Also, you can use a Venmo debit card to pay in any store, as long as they accept Mastercards.
How to Set Up a Venmo Debit Card?
Applying for a Venmo debit card is very simple and won’t cost you any registration fees. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Venmo app on your phone and look for the “Cards” tab
- Click on “Venmo Debit Card” and enter the required information
- Wait for the confirmation, and you’re done
- The debit card should arrive at your home address in 15 business days
What Are Some Acceptable Payment Methods in a 7-11?
If you don’t have access to a Venmo debit card, there are other convenient payment methods that are accepted by a 7-11. They’re also great if you want to minimize physical contact during your shopping.
Here are some of these methods and a guide on how to use them:
7-11 Mobile Wallet
The first quick payment method in 7-11 stores is obviously their own mobile app.
In 2020, 7-11 chain stores launched a mobile wallet that customers can use to pay for their purchases directly from their app credit. This mobile wallet can be used at all participating U.S. stores.
So, how do you add money to a 7-11 mobile wallet?
Here’s how it works:
- Go to a participating 7-11 store
- Open the app from your phone and choose the option that says “Load Cash to Your Wallet From the Store”
- Give the cashier the amount of money you’d like to add
- They’ll add it to your account after scanning the barcode that shows on your screen
When you use the 7-11 mobile wallet, you’ll also earn points, rewards, and exclusive offers that you can use for discounts or even free merchandise.
Apple Pay is another accepted and secured payment method in most 7-11 stores as well as about 85% of retail stores all over the United States.
You can use it directly to pay for your purchases or link it to your 7-11 mobile wallet.
If you’re not sure whether or not your local 7-11 accepts Apple Pay, you can ask the cashier or look for the contactless payment logo.
To use Apple Pay in 7-11 stores, you’ll need to go through these simple steps to set it up:
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone and sign in with your Apple ID
- Tap the plus sign on the top to add your credit or debit card of choice
- Enter your card details manually or just scan the card with your camera
- After adding the necessary info, your Apple Pay should be ready for use
- When you want to check out, open the Wallet app and press the “Double Click to Pay” button
- Now hold your iPhone near the card reader, and you’re all done
If you have an Android phone, then you should know that Google Pay can also be used for payment in 7-11 stores.
You’ll have to set it up through the same steps as Apple Pay, then hold your phone near the card reader to complete the payment in no time.
What Retail Stores Accept Venmo QR Code?
After the Covid-19 pandemic, many money transfer services, like Venmo, became popular. These apps provided a convenient solution as cashless and contactless payment methods.
At first, these services were used to pay friends or colleagues or split a bill. Shortly after that, many retail stores started to support these apps as acceptable payment methods for in-store and online purchases.
This way, all you’ll need to do is scan the store’s QR code with your Venmo app or other payment apps, and it automatically withdraws the money from your account balance.
That said, here are some retail stores and services that accept Venmo as a payment method:
Food Retail Stores
- Uber Eats
- Fashion Nova
- Abercrombie and Fitch
- The North Face
- Under Armour
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Urban Outfitters
- Foot Locker
- Stuart Weitzman
Furniture and Home Goods Stores
- Home Depot
How to Use Venmo QR Codes in a Store?
Using a Venmo QR code is pretty simple; here’s how to pay with it:
- Ask the store cashier for the store’s Venmo QR code. Some stores will have it already printed
- Open your Venmo app, then point the camera to the store’s QR code
- You can now make the necessary payment
In the last couple of years, using contactless payment methods has made a big difference to our shopping experience.
If you don’t like carrying a lot of cash around, or you just like a more convenient checkout, then these apps are definitely the answer.
Now that we’ve answered your question, “Does 7-11 accept Venmo QR code?” and explained everything related to alternative payment methods, your shopping should be easier than ever!
Did you find this article helpful? Let us know in the comments below!