Want to spice up your Venmo payment with creative captions? You’ve come to the right place. Read on to find some of the funniest Venmo captions.
People have come up with some pretty funny phrases to use with their Venmo transfers.
Not only do these captions give people a hint of your all-too-good sense of humor, but they also offer some comedic relief in awkward situations where you have to split the pill or request money.
And we’ve compiled a list of the funniest one-liners on the website.
|1||Rent for my cardboard box.|
|2||Payment for my amazing company.|
|3||Money for being my wingman.|
|4||Thanks for not being a terrible friend.|
|5||Here’s the money for the avocado toast you owe me.|
|6||I’m paying you to pretend to like my Instagram posts.|
|7||Thanks for lending me your Netflix password.|
|8||I’m paying you to stop talking about your CrossFit workouts.|
|9||Thanks for being my therapist.|
|10||Rent for your space in my head.|
|11||Money for being my hype man.|
|12||Thanks for making me laugh when I want to cry.|
|13||I’m paying you to be my personal chef.|
|14||Thanks for being my go-to happy hour buddy.|
|15||Payment for all the times you covered for me at work.|
|16||I’m paying you to be my designated driver.|
|17||Thanks for not judging me for eating pizza for breakfast.|
|18||Money for being my fashion consultant.|
|19||Rent for my spot on your couch.|
|20||I’m paying you to pretend you like my new haircut.|
|21||Thanks for being my workout buddy.|
|22||Payment for listening to me rant about my ex.|
|23||I’m paying you to be my personal shopper.|
|24||Thanks for being my shoulder to cry on.|
|25||Money for being my personal assistant.|
|26||Rent for your space in my heart.|
|27||I’m paying you to be my ghostwriter.|
|28||Thanks for being my partner in crime.|
|29||Payment for being my dance partner.|
|30||I’m paying you to be my personal driver.|
|31||Thanks for being my brunch buddy.|
|32||Money for being my personal stylist.|
|33||Rent for my spot at your table.|
|34||I’m paying you to be my hiking partner.|
|35||Thanks for being my travel buddy.|
|36||Payment for being my karaoke partner.|
|37||I’m paying you to be my personal trainer.|
|38||Thanks for being my gaming buddy.|
|39||Money for being my personal guru.|
|40||Rent for my space in your life.|
Keep reading to get some inspiration.
- Funny Venmo Captions List
- Venmo Payment Captions
- Relationship Venmo Captions
- Food-Related Captions
- Best Venmo Captions to Use With Friends
- Good Venmo Captions
- Can you add Captions on Venmo Transactions?
- What Is Venmo Captioning?
- When to Use a Funny Venmo Caption
- When Funny Captions Might Not Be a Great Idea
- Sure, I do marathons. On Netflix.
- What do you call a snowman in the summer? A puddle.
- Get out there and live a little.”
- I’m not high maintenance, you’re just low effort.
- I used to have superpowers but the psychiatrist took them away.
- Need an ark? I Noah guy.
- Reality called, so I hung up.
- A cop pulled me over and told me “Papers”, so I said “Scissors, I win!” and drove off.
- Abs are temporary. Chocolate is forever.
- The best things in life are free*. (*Does not apply to pizza.)
- Best friends don’t care if your house is clean. They care if you have wine.
- If I send you my ugly selfies, our friendship is real.
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but if the doctor is cute, forget the fruit.
- I’m a smart person, I just do stupid things.
- I’d like to live like a poor man – only with lots of money.
- I now pronounce you man and wife, you may now change your Facebook status.
- Common sense is like deodorant. The people who need it most never use it!
Now that you know when to send a funny Venmo caption let’s give you some inspiration on what to send.
Here are some of the captions we found on Venmo and other (hopefully) funny ones that we came up with on our own!
- At least buy me dinner first!
- Roses are red, violets are blue, buy us two tickets to the zoo.
- With a great girlfriend comes great expenses.
- Is this enough to forget the fight we had earlier?
- For always dressing to kill, and cooking the same way.
- I love you more than a pizza. Still, get us some pizza.
- For always letting me date you.
- I love you, but you don’t want to see me when I’m hungry.
- Go buy us some cake. Surely it’s someone’s birthday somewhere.
- At that time I said I was going to the bathroom and left the restaurant without paying.
- Be a winner and get some wine and dinner.
- For walking into your house and immediately eating all your food.
- Buy yourself some food. I won’t be chubby alone.
- Let’s go on a seafood diet. When we see food, we eat it.
- You’ve just won a free meal. Thank me later.
- You’re paying for dinner this time.
- You can’t live a full life on an empty stomach.
- For trying to give your phone a bath the other day.
- To buy yourself new jeans, they’re almost tighter than our friendship.
- For almost killing you over the last slice of pizza, get yourself another one.
- Take this so I stop guilting myself over bailing the other day.
- For sleeping too early at our sleepover.
- You’ve always depended on my handouts anyway!
- Keep your friends close and your money closer. Apparently, I’ve failed.
- I know you hate math, but I bet you love counting this money.
- Lately, I’ve been running out of patience and money.
- Is this enough to stop telling your dad jokes?
- For feeding me when I was drunk.
- Paying you back for that one time when you gave me some money on that one day.
- Buy me something. I promise I’ll act surprised.
- For eating all your chocolate.
- Last name Person, first name Amazing.
Read: Can I Transfer Money From Gift Card to Venmo As a Payment Method?
Venmo is unique to other money transfer apps because it allows you to put a caption on your transaction. This has led to some wildly funny captions like “Go buy us some cake, surely it’s someone’s birthday somewhere,” and “To buy yourself new jeans. They’re almost tighter than our friendship!”
Unlike other money transfer applications, Venmo only lets you send out money if you caption your transfer.
And while some people opt for using an emoji, others have dived deep into their creative minds to come up with hilarious captions that definitely make money transactions an exciting experience for everyone involved.
Splitting a bill can sometimes be an awkward situation. Each person offers to pay and refuses to accept money from the other person.
So, aside from the fact that Venmo has made it easier than ever to split a bill, you can also relieve some of the tension of exchanging money with a funny caption.
But being cheeky isn’t always recommended in professional situations, so when’s an appropriate time to send a funny caption?
With Friends and Family
Since money can be an awkward subject among friends and family, a funny caption might make the situation a little less uncomfortable. So feel free to send the most outrageous captions to your friends; we’re sure they’ll appreciate them and even reply with their own!
With Potential Romantic Partners
There’s no faster way to a person’s heart than making them laugh. So if you’ve recently gone on a date and want to split the expenses, a great way to keep the good vibes going even after you’ve gone home is to send a funny caption to your date along with your half of the payments.
Some would say that it’s never the wrong time to tell a joke or a pun, but we have to disagree.
While jokes are great for livening up the mood with your friends and family, other situations call for professionalism and being direct. So here are two situations where it wouldn’t be the best idea to send a funny caption.
Not all people are comfortable joking back and forth with strangers. And if you’re sending a payment to a stranger, it’s better to be straightforward to avoid making the wrong impression or making the other person feel uncomfortable.
With Your Boss
If you were ever put in a situation where you need to split the bill of a business dinner with your boss, it might not be the best idea to send a humorous joke along with the transfer as it might make you seem unprofessional.
Venmo captions can be a heartwarming way of sending someone a laugh along with the money; the laugh will make their day and the money in their bank account! So always consider captioning transfers to friends and family members with some inside jokes.
However, be careful to who you send a funny caption. In the case of a stranger, or if the person on the receiving end isn’t familiar with your humor, a particular type of funny might be a little outrageous, and you might come off as unprofessional, immature, or downright creepy!
Read: Celebrity Venmo Accounts: List of Famous People on Venmo