Does Venmo accept gift cards? If so, You probably want to know how to add Visa gift cards to Venmo. It’s pretty easy, so continue reading to find out.
You’re probably wondering, “Can I Use a Visa gift card on Venmo?”
Yes, Venmo takes gift cards and prepaid cards as long as they’re network branded – American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa.
But what’s a network-branded card? It’s a card that belongs to major credit card networks: Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
How to add Gift card to Venmo
- Open Venmo
- Log in with your credentials.
- Head to the “Settings” menu.
- Under the “Preferences” tab, choose “Payment Methods.”
- Select “Add Bank or Card.”
- Enter your VISA gift card information.
- Select “add a card to your account.”
If you want to learn more about how you can add gift cards to Venmo, mainly Visa gift cards, stick around.
RELATED READ: Can I Use an Amex Gift Card on Venmo?
Can I Use a Visa Gift Card for Venmo?
Yes, you can add and use your VISA gift Card on Venmo as your Venmo balance to send money and pay for products and services both in-store and online. Scan your Venmo QR code at the store checkout to pay touch-free.
If the store is presenting you with their Venmo number, you can pay through that too.
Read: Is Venmo HIPAA Compliant?
Can you Put Venmo Money on a Visa Gift Card?
Yes, you can use Venmo balance to buy Gift Cards at various websites that sell gift cards. You can use your Venmo to buy gift cards at most retailers. Buying gift cards with your Venmo is usually quite simple.
However, buying gift cards with a credit card and failure to pay your balance can wind up paying credit card interest on your revolving balance each month.
If you’re using a gift that belongs to any of the four major credit networks, which include Visa, then you shouldn’t have any problem using it with Venmo. Visa gift cards will be treated like debit cards by Venmo.
However, you must keep in mind that gift cards, like prepaid cards, may be declined by the issuer for reasons like fraud prevention and funds availability. Also, keep in mind that you might be required to enter a zip code when using a gift card or prepaid card with Venmo.
Here’s how to put a Visa gift card on Venmo in detail.
How to Add a Visa Gift Card to Venmo?
- Open the Venmo app, and log in to your account.
- Tap the three lines icon at the top of your screen.
- Choose “Settings.”
- In the “Settings” menu, tap the “Preferences” option.
- Click on the second item in the “Preferences” list, which should be “Payment Methods.”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu, and choose “Add a Bank or Card.”
- Choose the “Card” option.
- Enter your gift card’s information. You can also add a picture of the card by clicking the camera button.
- If the card isn’t officially registered to any address, you might need to enter your zip code.
- Lastly, click the “Add Card” button, and wait for the card’s balance to be added.
Read: Does Venmo Accept Prepaid Debit Cards?
Can I Pay others With Venmo Gift card Balance?
Yes, you can pay others with your Gift card balance from your Venmo balance as long as it doesn’t exceed the amount. For example, payment for an amount that is greater than the Cash app gift card amount added to your Venmo balance will be funded by the external payment method that you have linked to your account (bank account or card).
In other words: Payments on Venmo are never funded by just one source and in this case (a gift card balance).
If you have funds available in your Venmo balance, any payments you make that are equal to or lesser than your balance will be funded from your Venmo balance. So, once you added your Gift Card to Venmo, you can start using the balance for payments and purchases both online and in-stores.
Is it possible to use gift cards with Venmo? Yes. Just make sure you’re using a network-branded card, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discovery.
As for how to add a Visa gift card to Venmo, you do it the same way you add any other network-branded card.
You can head to “Payment Methods,” choose the “Card” option, enter the card’s information, and you’re good to go!
Did you find this article helpful? Let us know in the comments below!