Recently, the company introduced the Cash App Barcode feature to provide a seamless and easy way to load your account quickly.
One thing to keep in mind is that not all stores accept Barcodes. So, you might need to check the app to see which stores in your area accept it.
To get Cash App Barcode to Load Money: Open Cash App and go to The “My Cash” tab located in the bottom corner of the screen. Click on “add cash” and Enter the amount. Select “Generate Barcode” from the list-menu and ask the cashier to scan the Barcode.
- What Is a Cash App Barcode?
- How to Get Cash App Barcode to Load Money?
- What to Do After the Cashier Scans the Barcode?
- Stores That Accept Cash App Barcode to Load Money
- Fees to Add Money to Cash App Cards in Stores
- How to Fix Cash App Barcode Not Showing Up?
- Will Cash App Ask for ID Verification to Scan Barcode?
- Cash App Deposit Limits
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Is a Cash App Barcode?
A Cash App Barcode is a unique code that is generated to load money to their Cash App account by scanning a barcode. It avoids the hassle of manually adding your Phone Number and $Cashtag to fund your account.
Basically, you can find it in the Cash Card section of the app. You load your barcode and simply show it to the cashier at the store.
The store cashier will then scan the barcode and the money will be added to your Cash App account instantly.
How to Get Cash App Barcode to Load Money?
It is quite simple and you just follow these steps:
Step 1: Open Cash App
To find the Cash App barcode for depositing money
- Open the Cash App on your device.
- Look for the dollar amount or bank icon, usually located on the bottom left side of the app.
- Tap on the dollar amount or bank icon.
Step 2: Go to Paper Money
- Once you’ve tapped on the dollar amount or bank icon, the app will take you to a new screen.
- Basically, you just need to scroll down to “paper money.”
Step 3: Display the Barcode
- Once you have clicked on “paper money,” a new screen will appear.
- Tap on the “Show barcode” option.
Step 4: Completing the Transaction
- A screen displaying the barcode at the top will appear.
- Simply show the barcode to the cashier at the store for scanning.
Step 5: Confirmation
It doesn’t take long and within a few seconds, you will receive a notification confirming that the money has been added successfully.
What to Do After the Cashier Scans the Barcode?
After the cashier scans your barcode and once confirmed that the money has been added to your Cash App balance, double-check and make sure that your updated balance is shown on the app.
Stores That Accept Cash App Barcode to Load Money
- Duane Reade
- Rite Aid
- TravelCenters of America
- Dollar General
- Kum & Go
Fees to Add Money to Cash App Cards in Stores
Note that these aren’t accurate at all times as they usually fluctuate and change all the time. But they are average across multiple stores.
- Sheetz Convenience Stores:
- Fee: $4 reload fee.
- Details: Sheetz convenience stores offer Cash App Card reloads for a fee of $4. You can bring your Cash App Card to a Sheetz location and reload it by paying this fee.
- Fee: $2-$4 (Fees may vary by location, so it’s recommended to inquire at your local Walgreens.).
- Fee: $2-$5 (It Varies. Make sure to check with the specific Walgreens store).
- Fee: $4
- It Differs, but you can expect it in the $3-$5 range.
How to Fix Cash App Barcode Not Showing Up?
If for some reason you don’t have access to the feature on the app, try these troubleshooting steps:
Step 1: Update App
Check if you have the latest app version installed on your device. Let’s say If an update is available, tap the “Update” button.
Step 2: Clear App Cache
- Go to your device settings.
- Scroll down to “General”
- Click on “iPhone storage.”
- Select Cash App and tap it.
- Click on “Offload app” and confirm.
- A reinstall button will appear; tap it to reinstall the app.
Step 3: Complete App Reinstallation
For some reason, if the error still persists, try deleting the app from your device and reinstall it.
Step 4: Contact Customer Support
- Open the Cash App
- Select profile icon
- Go to “Support” and tap it.
- Tap on “Start chat” to contact support.
Will Cash App Ask for ID Verification to Scan Barcode?
This is not mandatory and not all stores do it, but there may be some stores that ask for verification when loading money onto your Cash App account via a barcode, especially if you are making a Paper Cash deposit.
Verification requirements and documents differ from one store to another, and it may depend on their policies and procedures. Basically, here’s what you can expect if you are asked one just in case:
- ID Verification: Government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license or passport)
- Store Policies: Check the specific policies of the store if they include requirements for identification, transaction limits, and any associated fees.
- Compliance: Stores may have established these procedures in line with legal and regulatory requirements.
But in most cases, they rarely ask for any sort of ID.
Cash App Deposit Limits
|Type of Limit||Limit Amount||Time Period|
|Daily Sending & Receiving Limit||Up to $7,500 into Cash App, Up to $25,000 out||30 days|
|Paper Money Deposits (Under 18)||Up to $250 within 7 days, Up to $1,000 within 30 days||7 days, 30 days|
|Paper Money Deposits (Others)||Up to $1,000 per rolling 7 days, Up to $4,000 per rolling 30 days||7 days, 30 days|
|Default Sending Limit||Up to $1,000||30 days|
|Verified Sending Limit||Up to $7,500||7 days|
Note: We will update with any changes in the deposit limitation in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to add money to my Cash App card in-store?
2. Go to the cashier and tell them you want to add money to your Cash App card.
They will scan your Cash App barcode and you can pay them via cash along with the fees.
How much does it cost to add money to my Cash App card?
Is the Cash App Barcode Secure?
More Cash App Tutorials
- How to Transfer EBT to Cash App?
- How to Use Cash App Boost on Doordash?
- Cash App Clearance Fee
- 28581 Cash App Text and Short Code
- How to Change Your Cash App From Business to Personal?
- Can you Use the Cash App on Amazon?
- How to Remove Payment Method on Cash App?
- Why Cash App Won’t Scan My ID?
- How to Add Someone on Cash App?
- How to Remove Family on Cash App?
- What Does Cash Out Mean on Cash App?
- How to Fix Cash App Connection Error?
- How to Use Cash App Card at ATM?
- How to Merge Cash App Accounts?
- Why Can’t I Sign in to Cash App?
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App?
- How to Stop Recurring Payments on Cash App?
- How to Access Cash App without Phone Number or Email?
- Lincoln Savings Bank Cash App Username and Password
- Prepaid Cards that work with Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Apple Pay to Cash App?
- How to Chargeback On Cash App?
- What is Cash App Bank Name?
- What is the Cash App Barcode?
- Cash App For Facebook
- Fake Cash App Screenshot
- Is Cash App a Checking or Savings Account?
- How to Check Cash App Card Balance?