Netspend is a renowned financial institution and a prepaid card company in the US. It offers a great solution to those people who don’t have a traditional bank account and rely on alternative financial services.
You can get a Netspend card even if you have any credit score or banking history.
The company also offers multiple prepaid debit cards, including the Netspend All Access card which doesn’t require any minimum balance or credit check.
RELATED READ: Netspend Premier vs All Access: Which One Is Best For You?
- What is Netspend All Access Card?
- Netspend All Access Prepaid Card: Review
- How to Open Netspend All Access Account?
- Netspend All Access Debit Card: Fee Chart
- Benefits for Netspend All Access Account?
- What Should You Look Out for While Opening a Netspend All Access Account?
What is Netspend All Access Card?
The Netspend All Access card account, is specially designed for people who want to make online payments but don’t have a regular credit card.
You can use Netspend prepaid debit cards to pay bills and make online transactions using the money that you already have in your card account. This way, you can avoid overdraft fees, bounced checks, and interest payments.
Netspend All Access Prepaid Card: Review
As mentioned, Netspend is a leading provider of prepaid debit cards in the United States. You can use All Access convenient debit cards on almost all locations where traditional credit or debit cards can be used.
It’s one of the most convenient forms of payment for you if you don’t possess a traditional bank account. Netspend also offers a mobile app that can be used to transfer money and deposit checks.
You can also sign up for Anytime Alerts to get notified in real time regarding your Net Spend account activities.
How to Open Netspend All Access Account?
You can easily open your Netspend All Access account online using the following steps:
- First, go to the official Netspend All Access online Sign-Up Page.
- Next, enter your personal information including name, email address, home address, and zip code.
- Next, choose your direct deposit method and select your All Access card design.
- Finally, click on the Sign-Up button. Make sure that you read the cardholder agreement before signing up.
- You’ll get notified instantly, and your Netspend All Access debit card will arrive at your home within 7 to 10 days.
It’s important to note that Netspend might also need your social security or government ID number. That’s because federal law requires all financial institutions to collect this information to verify the identity of their customers.
READ: Is Netspend All Access a Checking Account?
Netspend All Access Debit Card: Fee Chart
The basic plan of the Netspend All Access prepaid card comes with a $5 monthly fee. You can perform unlimited in-network ATM withdrawals without paying any fees. Other than that, it includes the following fees:
- Card reload fee: $3.95
- Close account fee: %15
- Card replacement fee: $3.95
- Activation fee: $0.00
- ATM account balance inquiry fee: $1.00
Benefits for Netspend All Access Account?
The All-Access account of the Netspend financial service provider comes with several benefits, including the following.
1. Optional savings account
You can opt for the Netspend savings account that allows you to enjoy 6 percent APY if you have $2,000 in your account. Any balance over that will provide you with an APY of 0.5 percent.
2. Extensive ATM Location
Currently, Netspend offers more than 32,000 ATM locations nationwide, and you can use any of them to perform cash withdrawals without paying any fee.
3. Overdraft Protection
You can also opt for an overdraft protection service if you have signed up for the direct deposit service.
4. Direct Deposits
Netspend All Access account also offers early direct deposits. It means you can get your government benefits checks and paper checks deposited in your account up to 2 days earlier than a conventional bank account. All you need to do is provide your employer with your routing and account number so that your checks can be directly deposited.
5. Other Benefits
Netspend All Access account card allows you to make utility bill payments and transfer money online. There’s no credit score and minimum balance required to open a Netspend All Access account.
What Should You Look Out for While Opening a Netspend All Access Account?
- Netspend All Access account also comes with some drawbacks that you need to keep in mind while opening your account.
- Netspend All Access account comes with a steep monthly fee of $5, that’s unavoidable.
- There is also a spending limit as you can’t spend over $5,000 on a single transaction.
- Netspend All Access account also doesn’t offer an option to perform wire transfers, and you’ll need to opt for a checking account if you frequently receive wire transfers.
- Other than monthly fees, Netspend All Access account includes other expenses, including account closing fee, card reload fee and ATM account balance inquiry fee.
- Netspend All Access Account also has a daily ATM withdrawal limit as you can’t withdraw more than $1,000 a day.
How to Withdraw or Deposit Money Using Netspend All Access Account?
Multiple methods exist to withdraw and deposit money using your Netspend All Access account.
- Cashback at retailers
- Transferring funds to another Netspend account
- Bank transfer
- Withdrawal at ATMs
- Tax refund deposit
- Transfer funds among different Netspend accounts
- Bank transfer
- Cash at Netspend locations
- Direct deposits.
How to Close the Netspend All Access Account?
You’ll need to call the toll-free number “1-866-387-7363” of Netspend if you want to close your Netspend All Access debit card. Make sure that you withdraw or transfer all the funds you have in your Netspend Account before doing so.
It’s also important to note that Netspend charges a $15 account closing fee if you need a check against your remaining funds.
What Should You Do if You Lose Your Netspend All Access Prepaid Debit Card?
You’ll need to contact the customer service of Netspend immediately if you lose your Netspend All Access prepaid debit card. You can use their toll-free number, or you can also log in to the company’s online account center to report that your Netspend All Access card has been stolen or lost.
How Much Money Do I Need to Open a Netspend All Access Prepaid Account?
Interestingly, you don’t need money to open your Netspend All Access prepaid account. There is also no fee to activate your prepaid debit card. However, you need to pay steep monthly maintenance fees with a basic plan.