Are digital payment apps accepted by merchants? Can they be used to buy merchandise and goods? If so, where can I use Venmo?
Continue reading for a full-on list of clothing and grocery stores that accept Venmo payments.
- Can you use Venmo in Stores?
- What Online Stores take Venmo?
- Can you pay in-store with Venmo?
- How to Pay with Venmo in Store?
- Why Use Venmo to Pay for Goods and Services?
- Can I use Venmo at Walmart in-store?
- Is There a Spending Limit With Venmo on Stores?
- Can I Use Venmo to Collect Donations?
- In Summary
Can you use Venmo in Stores?
Yes, You can use Venmo in Stores with either a Venmo Card or a Scan to Pay QR Code.
Online Stores that accept Venmo Card include – Urban Outfitters, Adidas, Abercrombie & Fitch, Walmart, Wayfair, CVS, Forever 21, Foot Locker, Grubhub, Under Armour, Walmart, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Uber Eats, Amazon, J Crew, Lululemon.
In this guide, we address a question that Venmo users frequently ask; “Where can I use Venmo?” If you’re looking to make use of Venmo as a payment solution, stick around.
What Online Stores take Venmo?
Here’s a list of all the Clothing, Grocery stores, and retailers that accept Venmo payments:
- Abercrombie & Fitch: American-made clothing
- Forever 21: Retailer of trendy clothing styles
- J-Crew: Clothing and accessories for men, women, and children
- Fashion Nova: Men’s clothing, women’s dresses, and plus-size clothing
- Foot Locker: Footwear retailer for men, women, and kids
- Lululemon: Technical and athletic clothing
- Urban Outfitters: Clothing, furniture, home décor, and more
- Stuart Weitzman: Luxury footwear and accessories
- Eat24: Online food and drinks delivery service
- Seamless: Food delivery from nearby restaurants
- Delivery.com: Online platform for on-demand deliveries
- Uber Eats: Quick food delivery and takeout
- Grubhub: Restaurant takeout and food delivery
- Dolly: Furniture delivery and on-demand moving services
- Target: Retailer of grocery items and home essentials
- Overstock: Retailer of furniture, rugs, bedding, and more
- Walmart: Retailer for grocery items and home essentials
- eGifter: Gift cards and gifting items
- Etsy: Handmade items and unique gifts
- GNC: Retailer of wellness products
Here’s another list of retailers that accept Venmo in stores with credit/debit cards:
- Amazon: Multinational e-commerce platform
- Home Depot: For home décor and improvement
- Kohl’s: Multi-purpose department store
- The North Face: Outdoor sports gear and activewear
- Under Armour: Spots apparel and accessories
- Macy’s: Trendy clothes and accessories
- Wayfair: Multi-purpose department store
- Nike: Men’s and women’s sportswear
- Adidas: Men’s and women’s sportswear
- Coach: Retailer of designer clothing, handbags, and more
- Samsung: Retailer of electronic devices
- Nordstrom: Clothing, accessories, and jewelry
Learn more about stores and retailers that accept Venmo payments.
Can you pay in-store with Venmo?
Yes, you can use Venmo to pay with Venmo Store or goods and services offered by merchants or outlets that are explicitly authorized to accept Venmo payments.
Without explicit authorization, Venmo isn’t to be used for business, merchant, or commercial transactions.
For a merchant or outlet to be authorized to accept Venmo payments, they need to apply for an authorized business profile.
Alternatively, they can designate Venmo as a suitable payment solution.
If you’re going to use Venmo to transact the purchase or sale of a good or service with someone you don’t know on a personal level, you’ll be doing it at your own risk.
Such transactions aren’t allowed under Venmo’s user agreement, so they don’t enjoy a protection program.
From delivery services and department stores to specialty merchants, plenty of retailers accept Venmo payments. Some retailers accept online Venmo payments, whereas others only accept credit and debit payments.
How to Pay with Venmo in Store?
There are several ways through which Venmo can be used to pay in-store.
First, you can use Venmo’s debit card if you’re buying from a merchant that accepts the card. Second, you can also shop online on websites and apps that accept Venmo payments.
Lastly, you can use your in-store QR code at compatible merchants or outlets.
- Open the Venmo app
- Tap the Scan button located at the bottom of the home screen of your app.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to allow your camera to scan the codes.
- Scan your Venmo QR code at the checkout to pay for your items touch-free.
- Alternatively, Scan that code presented by the merchant to proceed.
- Next, Confirm the purchase in your app to complete the transaction.
Why Use Venmo to Pay for Goods and Services?
You get to enjoy quite a few perks when you use Venmo to pay for goods and services. For starters, the platform boasts vast system compatibility. You can download Venmo on Android, iOS, and Windows. Also, Venmo doesn’t charge a service fee for online and in-store purchases.
What’s more, Venmo has a unique feature that enables you to split the cost of a given purchase with other people. So, if you don’t have enough funds in your account to pay for a purchase, you can split the cost between you and a friend, and then pay your friend later.
Venmo is all about convenience, folks!
Can I use Venmo at Walmart in-store?
Yes, you can use Venmo at Walmart in-store to pay for your groceries and items. Walmart stores accept Venmo payments, along with the other merchants that accept Venmo listed above.
Is There a Spending Limit With Venmo on Stores?
Yes. Venmo has a weekly spending limit of $6,999.99. Note that this number may be different if you haven’t completed your Venmo account identity check. In this case, it’s likely to be a weekly limit of $299.99.
Venmo also has a weekly transaction limit. The maximum amount you can send from your Venmo account to another account, including a merchant’s account, is $4,999.99 per week, provided your account is verified.
What’s more, Venmo has a limit on how many transactions you can carry out per day; 30 transactions, regardless of how much money you spend on each transaction.
Then, as far as Venmo cards, you can use them to make individual purchases under $3,000. Anything beyond that will be declined. Oh, and did you know that Venmo can be used for cryptocurrency purchases? Per week, you can buy up to $20,000 in crypto using Venmo. In 12 months, you can only buy up to $50,000 in crypto.
To learn more about Venmo’s spending and transaction limits, click here.
Can I Use Venmo to Collect Donations?
Currently, Venmo doesn’t provide the option to create user-managed donation campaigns, whether it’s non-profit or otherwise. However, you can use Venmo as a checkout point for soliciting or collecting charitable funds on platforms like PayPal and Braintree.
Even though Venmo was initially designed as a digital payment service that enables people to send and receive funds, it has started to diversify its services to accommodate users’ needs.
Nowadays, you can use Venmo to pay for goods and services, as long as the merchant or outlet is explicitly authorized to accept Venmo payments. From clothing stores like Abercrombie & Fitch to food delivery services like Grubhub, Venmo is becoming more widely recognized as a payment solution.
Venmo can be used to make online and in-store purchases. Some merchants and outlets accept online transactions, whereas others only accept in-store purchases via Venmo credit/debit cards.
Before making a purchase with Venmo, make sure you’re dealing with a merchant or outlet that’s explicitly authorized to accept Venmo payments.