You can use your NetSpend Card at Visa Plus Alliance ATMs, MoneyPass ATMs if you have a MoneyPass Netspend card. This isn’t the case for other Netspend cards, which may still have to pay a withdrawal fee and Metabank ATM.
Find out where you can use your Netspend card and how to use it.
Your Netspend card is a great way to manage your money. Budgeting and paying bills online are simple with a Netspend card, which is great for today’s digital economy. However, there are always going to be times when you need cash in your hand.
If you’ve got a Netspend card primarily for online use, you might find yourself wondering if you’ll be able to withdraw physical money with it.
Happily, Netspend cards are usable for withdrawals in a wide range of ATMs.
We’re going to take you through a couple of things to be mindful of when withdrawing money from your Netspend card, and also a quick and handy way to locate your nearest compatible ATM, so that you can rest assured that you can make cash withdrawals whenever you need to.
Read: Can I Overdraw my Netspend Card at ATM?
NetSpend Card Providers
Netspend cards are issued by two of the biggest card providers in the world. The card provider matters because it is their network that you are using when you make withdrawals or payments using your card.
Thankfully, in the case of Netspend, your card will be issued by either Visa or Mastercard. While some card providers have somewhat restricted networks, Visa and Mastercard are accepted almost everywhere, including at ATMs.
When you step up to an ATM, you’ll see that most of them have a collection of card provider logos on display. As long as you can see a logo for Visa or Mastercard, you’ll know that you can use your Netspend card there.
NetSpend Free ATM Withdrawals
Some ATMs will charge you for using your Netspend card for withdrawals. That’s not the end of the world, but wouldn’t it be good to get your cash without a fee?
There are a few ways to get free withdrawals with your Netspend card.
- Use Visa Plus Alliance ATMs. Visa Plus Alliance is a network that offers free withdrawals to its members’ customers, so if you see a Visa Plus Alliance logo you know you’re able to withdraw from that ATM for free with your Netspend card.
- Look out for MoneyPass ATMs if you have a MoneyPass Netspend card. This isn’t the case for other Netspend cards, which may still have to pay a withdrawal fee.
- Metabank is Netspend’s banking partner, so if you have a Metabank ATM within reach you’ll be able to withdraw fee-free from there. Look for the logo that says “Who have privilege status.”
Finding NetSpend ATMs
Now you know that you can use your Netspend card in ATMs to withdraw money, the next step is to find your nearest one.
You can locate ATMs through a variety of methods, be it your knowledge of the local area or via Google Maps, but there is a really neat tool available for Netspend customers that makes this process super-simple.
Netspend’s website has a great location finder tool to help you, as a Netspend customer, find a place to withdraw cash. It works for ATMs as well as banks and stores where you can take money out over the counter.
Not only that, but it also covers locations where you can reload your Netspend card, and includes a handy note on any associated reload fees for each location. Don’t despair when you’re looking for an ATM, because there are a bunch of ways to find one!
Limits On NetSpend ATM Withdrawals
Lots of cards have withdrawal limits, and Netspend’s cards are just the same.
When you’re withdrawing money from your Netspend account at an ATM, bear in mind that you can only withdraw $325 in any one withdrawal, and up to $940 a day.
If you’re looking to make a big purchase in cash, you might have to plan a little bit carefully to ensure that you don’t get caught short on the day.
Can Someone Else Withdraw NetSpend Money For Me?
If you need someone to take your card to the ATM, that’s no problem at all.
When you withdraw from your Netspend card at an ATM, you just need to use the PIN that you’ve been provided. As long as you trust the person who’s going to be making the withdrawal (and if you don’t trust them, they shouldn’t be making the withdrawal anyway!) then simply give them the PIN code and they can withdraw in exactly the same way as you would.
Just make sure that you don’t give your PIN out to anyone you don’t trust!
Frequently Asked Questions
Now that we’ve covered a bit of detail about how you can use your Netspend card at an ATM, we’re going to quickly round up some of the most frequently asked questions about this topic to create a handy reference guide!
If you have any questions, maybe they’ll be answered here.
- How can I get cash out of my Netspend card? – Using your PIN and your physical card, you can withdraw money from your Netspend account at most ATMs. If the ATM is out-of-network (i.e. not covered in any of the free withdrawal methods we’ve already discussed) then you can expect to pay a fee for your withdrawal.
- How much does Netspend charge for ATM? The out-of-network fee for a Netspend ATM withdrawal is usually the domestic cash withdrawal fee of $2.50. Be aware that this may change depending on the jurisdiction you are in. It will generally be flagged up as part of the withdrawal process for you to accept or decline before you complete your transaction.
If you need to take cash out of your Netspend account, don’t worry! You’ll find an ATM near you that will take your card.
Thanks to Netspend’s relationships with Visa and Mastercard, two of the biggest card issuers in the world, and a great banking partner in the form of MetaBank, your Netspend card is valid anywhere you need it to be.
Your Netspend card is a great way to budget and manages your money online, but it’s also there when you need it at the ATM for quick cash withdrawals, just like you would expect from any other Mastercard or Visa product.