I have hired my fair share of rental cars over the years and some are pleasant, while others are just downright horrendous.
So, if you’re planning on renting a car on your Cash App Card, I am sad to break it to you, not all of them accept it (I guess some see it as a prepaid card, and some as a debit card).
Enough of doom and gloom, some car rental companies accept Cash App Cards, but it’s always a good idea to call ahead and confirm their payment options before making a reservation.
- Can You Use Cash App Card for Car Rental?
- 13 Car Rental Companies that Accept Cash App Card
- How to Rent a Car with a Cash App Card?
- Does Cash App Charge a Fee for Car Rentals?
- Car Rental Requirements
- Can You Use Cash App Card to Rent a Car in Enterprise?
- Does Alamo Car Rental Accept Cash App Card?
- Does Turo Rental Accept Cash App Card?
- Alvis Car Rental
- Alternatives to Cash App Card for Rental Cars
- Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Use Cash App Card for Car Rental?
Yes, you can use Cash App Card for car rental if the rental company accepts Visa-issued debit cards. Some car rental companies that accept Cash App cards include National Car Rental, Alvis Car Rental, and GetAround Rent a Car only for paying an outstanding balance.
13 Car Rental Companies that Accept Cash App Card
|#||Car Rental Company||Accept Debit Cards||Accept Cash App Visa Debit Card||Deposit with Debit Card||Website|
|1||Advantage||Yes||Unsure; call location to check||$250||Advantage|
|4||Budget||Yes (Not all locations)||Yes||Up to $300 ($100 for prepaid rentals)||Budget|
|5||Dollar||Yes||Unsure; call location to check||$500 ($200 for credit cards)||Dollar|
|7||Getaround||Yes||Yes, but only for paying an outstanding balance||$150||Getaround|
|8||Kyte||Yes||No||$500 ($300 for credit cards)||Kyte|
|9||National||Yes||Yes||Up to $800 for high-end vehicles||National|
|10||Payless||Yes||Unsure; call location to check||$300||Payless|
|12||Thrifty||Yes||Unsure; call location to check||$500 ($200 for credit cards)||Thrifty|
How to Rent a Car with a Cash App Card?
Call up the rental and if they accept a Cash App Card, here’s how to rent a car:
Step 1: Check the age requirements
Usually, Rental car companies rent to drivers starting from the age range of 21 to 24 years old with a credit card as long as they pay an underage charge.
A debit card is ok but I will say you might face a higher age restriction.
Step 2: Check if the rental company requires a credit check
Most of them do a credit check for debit card transactions. So, be prepared to provide your credit score.
Step 3: Make sure you have enough funds in your Cash App Wallet
A hold on your account for the amount of the rental and a security deposit is to be expected.
So, you need to have enough funds in your account to cover the hold.
Step 4: Bring additional documentation
This is a necessity for them and may require additional documentation if you want to rent with a debit card.
For example, you may need to provide proof of insurance and a utility bill with your name and address.
Or you can book an Uber.
Does Cash App Charge a Fee for Car Rentals?
No, Cash App does not charge any fees specifically for car rentals. Unlike Cash App, some car rental companies may charge a fee for using a debit card as a form of payment.
So, it’s always a good idea to check with the rental company beforehand to avoid any surprises.
Car Rental Requirements
What can I say apart from a few requirements you’ll need to meet?
- Credit or Debit Card: You will need a credit or debit card to secure the rental. Some companies may also accept prepaid cards, but I would suggest you should check with the rental company first to be sure.
- Driver’s License: Make sure your license is up to date and not expired.
- Age Requirements: At least 21 years old, and some may require drivers to be 25 or older. Younger drivers may be subject to additional fees or restrictions.
- Insurance: Not all rental companies do this but there are definitely some.
- Cash App Card: Only a handful of them accept Cash App cards as a form of payment.
- Security Deposit: You don’t have to worry as this deposit is usually refunded when you return the car.
- Additional Drivers: In case you plan on having someone as an additional driver, you’ll need to add them to the rental agreement and they will also need to meet the same requirements as the primary driver.
- Return Time: Late returns can result in additional fees. I would suggest not driving overtime.
- Fuel: You either return the car with a full tank of gas or get changes for a refueling fee.
Again, I have to remind you that different rentals have different rules. So, check with their website or call them up for your specific questions.
Can You Use Cash App Card to Rent a Car in Enterprise?
No, you cannot use your Cash App card to rent a car at Enterprise.
I once tried to rent on Enterprise with multiple cards and only got accepted by my AMEX Credit Card.
Recently, I told them after the booking and they said, they accept debit cards and don’t know why that was happening.
So, it’s a bit of a pickle. I think in most case, Enterprise, accept major credit cards such as Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
Enterprise also accepts pre-paid gift cards with a Visa, Mastercard, or American Express logo as a form of payment at the end of a rental.
Does Alamo Car Rental Accept Cash App Card?
Alamo does accept debit cards as a form of payment, which is great news for Cash App cardholders since it works like a debit card.
Apart from that, there are some restrictions you need to know of.
- According to Alamo’s website, payment with a debit card needs to provide a “credit check and meet the renter qualifications.”
- At least 21 years old
- Valid driver’s license.
- Deposit varies depending on the location and the type of car you’re renting, but it can be as high as $400.
I have to warn you again that just because Alamo accepts Debit Cards doesn’t mean it will accept Cash App Debit Cards as they can also be categorized as Prepaid Cards.
It’s better to call them up and verify it before you book.
Does Turo Rental Accept Cash App Card?
No, Turo does not accept Cash App cards directly. However, they do accept Chime, so if you have a Chime card linked to your Cash App account, you may be able to use it to pay for your Turo rental.
Now, I know this might be a bit confusing, but let me break it down for you.
Turo has a list of accepted payment methods, and unfortunately, Cash App cards are not on that list (i know that’s a bummer), but there’s an alternative.
As I have mentioned above Chime is a payment provider that works with Cash App, and Turo accepts Chime as a valid payment method. So, if you have a Chime card linked to your Cash App account, you can use it to pay for your Turo rental.
Just to be sure, I want you to note that Turo only accepts payment methods issued in the primary guest’s name, so make sure that your Chime card is linked to your name and not someone else’s.
Alvis Car Rental
Alvis Car Rental does not specifically say they accept Cash App Cards, but they accept pretty much all debit and credit cards.
So, there’s a high chance that they will take your card.
One good thing about this company is that it doesn’t require pre-payment, so you can pay for your rental when you pick up your car.
I mean that is wonderful news for those who want to rent a car without using their credit card.
- No age restrictions
- No credit check required
Alternatives to Cash App Card for Rental Cars
- Debit Cards
- Prepaid Cards
- Credit Union Cards
- Car-Sharing Services
Frequently Asked Questions
Which car rental companies accept Cash App cards?
What types of payments are accepted for car rentals?
Can I use a prepaid credit card for a rental car?
What are my options for renting a car without a credit card?