Netspend is a leading provider of prepaid debit cards in the United States. The prepaid debit cards that Netspend offers are easy to get as no credit check or banking history is required while signing up.
You can start using your Netspend prepaid debit card within ten days, and they come with some valuable features such as no activation fee, no minimum balance, a high-yield savings account, and several membership rewards.
Netspend also allows business owners to open a small business account to manage their finances efficiently. In this article, we’ll review Netspend prepaid debit cards.
This post also includes some real-life customer reviews that’ll allow you to understand whether this financial institution is right for you or not. So, let’s jump into it.
- Netspend Card: Our Review
- Netspend Reviews by Customers
Netspend Card: Our Review
The Netspend card is a reloadable prepaid debit card that comes with an extensive list of benefits and features. Most people use these cards as an alternative to a conventional checking account.
While Net spend isn’t one of the cheapest financial institutions, the prepaid cards it offers are an excellent option for those who don’t have a traditional bank account and credit history and need alternative financial services.
How Does Netspend Prepaid Card Work?
As mentioned, Netspend offers reloadable prepaid debit cards that can be used on any location where Visa and Mastercard debit cards are accepted. You can load money to your Netspend card using the following different methods.
- Transfer funds between other Netspend prepaid cards.
- Use a PayPal account to transfer money to a Netspend prepaid card.
- Use a traditional bank account to transfer money to your Netspend prepaid debit card.
- Add cash to your Netspend card from any Netspend reload location.
- Sign up for direct deposits to load your Netspend card through a government benefits check or salary check.
Netspend Prepaid Card: Features
Netspend offers an email or text alert service known as Anytime Alerts that provides real-time notifications to the following card account activities.
- Budget notifications
- Declined transactions
- Received deposits
- Individual transaction details
Netspend supports all the major cellphone carriers and telecommunication companies in the US, and you can quickly sign up for this service to receive these alerts.
You can easily send and receive funds to/from any Netspend account. You can also load your Netspend Western Union card by sending money using your PayPal prepaid card.
You can also load money to your Netspend card from any Netspend reload location. Currently, there are more than 130,000 different locations across the US.
Mobile Check Load
You can directly deposit checks using Netspend’s mobile app. All you need to do is take a picture of your paper check to load your Netspend account.
If you’re a jobber, you can sign up for the Netspend direct deposit program. You can get your government benefits and salary checks directly deposited to your prepaid debit card up to 2 days earlier.
Netspend direct deposits are completely free and you can sign up for this service by submitting your basic personal info, Netspend account number, and routing number to your employers.
Netspend Prepaid Card: Card Limits
- Daily Cash Load Limit: $940
- Daily ATM Limit: $940
- Transaction Limit: $5,000
- Card Limit: $15,000
Netspend Prepaid Card: Fee Chart
|Fee||Monthly Plan||Pay as You Go Plan||Premier|
|Direct Deposit Fee||$0.00||$0.00||$0.00|
|Cash Reload Fee||$3.95||$3.95||$3.95|
|ATM Account Balance Inquiry||$0.50||$0.50||$0.50|
|ATM withdrawal fee||$2.50||$2.50||$2.50|
Netspend Prepaid Cards: Pros
- Your activity on Netspend isn’t reported to any agency or bureau. It doesn’t affect your credit score.
- You can opt for overdraft protection that offers an overdraft courtesy cushion.
- Direct deposits allow you to get your salary or paychecks up to 2 days early.
- You can load money and withdraw cash easily.
- 5 percent APY on Netspend Savings account on a $1,000 balance and 0.50 percent APY on any amount over that.
Netspend Prepaid Cards: Cons
- Steep monthly fees on a monthly plan, and there is no way to avoid the maintenance fees.
- The optional overdraft coverage service costs $20 on each overdraft.
- Netspend charges an inactivity fee if there is no transaction in the last 90 days, and it also has some other fees that many similar cards don’t have.
Netspend Reviews by Customers
Janeane, Newport News, VA
Netspend allows me to make informed financial decisions and manage my funds efficiently. I mainly use Netspend cards to make online purchases and pay my bills. It’s a suitable financial product that I can use even without a checking account.
Larry, Yuma, AZ
Netspend is the best-prepaid debit card service. From online shopping to customer service, I love everything about this company. I once lost my debit card, and I only need to contact customer service to issue my replacement card.
If you’re looking for a prepaid card, then you can’t go wrong with Netspend.
Steven, Los Angeles, CA
I just can’t explain in words how easy Netspend has made my life. I’m not a technical guy, and the customer service of Netspend has been beneficial to me. They always handle my questions and concerns in a timely manner, and I can easily use this card to make utility bill payments.
Amelia, Prosser, WA
Netspend is undoubtedly the best-prepaid card I have ever used in my life. I must say that their services seem a little expensive at a glance, but the quality of service makes everything worthwhile. I can manage my finances efficiently, and the real-time alerts make activity tracking a breeze.
I have called Netspend several times, and they always provide me with the answers and solutions I need.
Samuel, Ceres, CA
I’ve been using a Netspend prepaid debit card for many years now. Their mobile app is the best thing ever for me as it allows me to do anything online. I also use this prepaid debit card to make online purchases and pay bills.