Personally, I had the same question when I first used Cash App and started getting texts from 28581 short Code and was wondering what it’s all about. (same as you right now).
Well, I will help you with what the number does, its functions, and how to block the number if you are spammed. (I don’t recommend it btw).
- What is 28581 Cash App Text Number?
- What is 28581 Short Code OTP?
- Why Am I Receiving Text from 28581 Short Code?
- How to Stop 28581 from Sending Messages?
- How to know if 28581 Text Message is Real or Fake?
- Is 28581 a Real Cash App Number?
- Why Did I Receive a Message from 28581 Even if I Didn’t Have a Cash App Account?
- How to Send Messages on Cash App to another Cash App User via the app?
- How to Check Cash App Account Balance through SMS?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is 28581 Cash App Text Number?
28581 Cash App Text is an “SMS Banking” short code number used to send a one-time password (OTP) to verify your identity and transaction. It sends a Code as a security feature to protect your account from unauthorized access.
The next time you see a message from 28581, that message is from Cash App and you will be wise to check it.
What is 28581 Short Code OTP?
OTP is a unique code that you need to enter to verify and access your account, and no one else can get in without your permission.
So, if you’re receiving messages from 28581, it’s because someone (most likely you) is trying to log in to your Cash App account.
Why Am I Receiving Text from 28581 Short Code?
- Text from 28581 to inform you of changes that may affect your account.
- Update on new offers and features
- OTP to confirm transactions and changes made in the account.
How to Stop 28581 from Sending Messages?
I don’t recommend you to do this as Cash App won’t be able to reach you and will be a huge security risk. That is just my personal opinion, but you do what you want with your account.
Step 1: Send “STOP” to 28581 Text Message
Simply send “STOP” to 28581 to stop receiving text messages from the number.
Step 2: Block the Number (28581)
The easiest and simplest solution is to block the number.
- Go to your phone’s messaging app
- Find the message from 28581
- Tap on the “Block” option.
Step 3: Report the Number
I mean why would you do this if you have blocked it? But if you are suspicious of scams and phishing, you can most definitely report it.
Step 4: Contact Cash App Support
As I have said before, 28581 is a Cash App carrier number but if you are not trustworthy or unsure, you should contact Cash App support as well.
Hello Cash App Support, I've recently been receiving text messages from the number 28581, and I'm unsure about their authenticity. I wanted to reach out to seek your guidance on how to react to these messages. Could you please advise if this number, 28581, is associated with Cash App, or if it's potentially a fake or unauthorized contact? I'm concerned about the security of my account and want to ensure that I take the appropriate steps to protect it. Thank you for your help. Best regards, [Your Name]
Step 5: Don’t Respond to the Texts
I mean you could just avoid it or mute it.
You don’t respond to these texts. Just delete the text and move on.
How to know if 28581 Text Message is Real or Fake?
These days, real numbers can be faked and if don’t look hard enough, they might deceive the eyes and make it seem legit.
Here are some tips to help you out:
- Check the sender: Cash App will have Verified emails such as @cash.app, @square.com, or @squareup.com and not @gmail.com. Similarly, When you receive a message from 28581, make sure the sender is Cash App and not from a different number or company.
- Look for spelling and grammar errors: Look multiple times and if you see any errors, it’s likely a fake message.
- Don’t click on links: Cash App Messages are purely informational in most case and doesn’t require any outbound links.
- Verify the message with Cash App: Contact Cash App customer support to verify to legitimacy.
- Never give out personal information: 100% it’s likely a scam.
Is 28581 a Real Cash App Number?
Yes, the 28581 number is a legitimate Cash App number to send OTP or one-time passwords to its users.
Why Did I Receive a Message from 28581 Even if I Didn’t Have a Cash App Account?
Really, that can be confusing and even a little alarming, but don’t worry – it’s not uncommon.
But I can assure you, it’s not from the Official Cash App system.
Let me simplify it for you:
- Scammers use automated systems to send out text messages to random phone numbers
- They are hoping to trick people into giving away their personal information.
- One of the most common scams involves sending a text message that appears to be from Cash App, asking the recipient to enter a “sign-in code.”
Now, you might be asking, how did they get my number?
Well, again I have another simple answer for you.
Buying lists of phone numbers from data brokers, using software to generate random phone numbers, and even using social engineering tactics to trick you into giving away your phone number.
So, what should I do if you receive a message from 28581 or any other suspicious number?
- Never ever respond to the message
- Report the message to your mobile carrier and to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) by forwarding the message to 7726 (SPAM) and filling out a complaint form on the FTC’s website.
- Block the number.
How to Send Messages on Cash App to another Cash App User via the app?
- Open the Cash App
- On the home screen, you’ll see a dollar sign ($) icon at the bottom center. Tap on this icon.
- In the “To” field, enter the recipient’s Cash App username, phone number, or email address.
- Below the recipient’s information, you’ll see an option to enter an amount. You can leave this amount as $0 if you’re not making a payment.
- In the message field, type the message you want to send to the recipient.
- Once you’ve composed your message, tap the “Send” button.
Your message will be sent to the recipient’s Cash App account without any associated payment. They can read and respond to your message within the Cash App itself.
How to Check Cash App Account Balance through SMS?
First, you must make sure that your mobile number is linked to your Cash App account.
- Compose a text message on your mobile device.
- In the message, type “BAL” (short for balance) without quotes.
- Send the text message to the number 227-466.
- Wait for a few seconds and you will receive a response with your Cash App account balance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the ‘This code is for you and only you’ text from Cash App?
Why did I receive a Cash App sign-in code that I didn’t request?
Is Cash App Balance Enquiry facility available using USSD?
More Cash App Tutorials
- How to Fix Cash App Connection Error?
- How to Use Cash App Card at ATM?
- How to Merge Cash App Accounts?
- Why Can’t I Sign in to Cash App?
- How to Transfer Money from Netspend to Cash App?
- How to Stop Recurring Payments on Cash App?
- How to Access Cash App without Phone Number or Email?
- Lincoln Savings Bank Cash App Username and Password
- Prepaid Cards that work with Cash App
- How to Transfer Money from Apple Pay to Cash App?