Can you use Venmo on a PC/ Desktop to send money to friends and buy goods?
However, do you have to use the service on your phone, or can you use Venmo on a PC/ desktop?
Yes, you can use Venmo on a desktop. To use Venmo on your PC – Visit venmo.com. From the top right, choose “Login.” Enter your username, name, or phone number. Provide your password, and click “Sign In.”
Venmo’s website allows you to sign up for an account, and view your balance. However, you can’t send or receive funds while using the service on the desktop. To access these features, you need to download the app on your smartphone.
Venmo doesn’t have a desktop application you can install, but technically, you can still access your account on your computer via Venmo’s official website. That said, there are many limitations you’ll come across while using Venmo on your computer.
So, keep reading to learn more about the ins and outs of Venmo’s desktop website.
RELATED READ: How to Fix Venmo Password Reset Link Not Working? Troubleshoot Guide
What Can You Do on Venmo.com on Desktop?
As we’ve already mentioned, Venmo doesn’t allow users to finalize transactions through its desktop website, so you need to get the Android or iOS application to enjoy the full benefits of the service.
Nevertheless, if you’re in a pinch and need to use Venmo while working on your PC, here are the features you can access.
Logging in or Signing Up for an Account
Venmo allows all users to sign into their accounts or create accounts through the website. To sign in, follow these steps.
- Navigate to Venmo.com.
- From the top right, choose “Login.”
- Enter your username, name, or phone number
- Provide your password, and click “Sign In.”
If you’re new to Venmo, you can also create an account using the website. Just do the following.
- Open Venmo’s website on your preferred browser.
- Choose “Get Venmo,” an option you’ll find on the top right.
- When prompted, click “Personal” then “Get Started.”
- Enter a U.S. phone number.
- Insert the 4-digit verification code you’ve received, and choose “Submit Code.”’
- Enter your legal first and last name, email, and a unique username and password. Click “Next” to continue.
Adding a Payment Method
Once you log into Venmo or sign up for an account, you can add one or more payment methods. Venmo allows all users to link bank accounts and debit or credit cards.
To change your payment methods, check the next steps.
- Open the “Settings” menu and navigate to “Banks and Cards.”
- To add a bank account, select “Link Bank Account.”
- To link a debit or credit card, choose “Add Card.”
- Enter your bank or card details, then click “Add.”
To actually start using Venmo’s various services, install the mobile application and quickly verify your identity to gain access to all of Venmo’s features.
Reasons to Switch to Venmo’s Mobile App
As you’ve probably gathered by now, you can’t solely depend on Venmo’s desktop website, so we recommend switching to the iOS or Android application. Here are some reasons why Venmo’s app is superior to the website.
Using Venmo’s smartphone application is the only way to receive money or carry out transactions, making the desktop website obsolete. To send or receive money, do the following.
- From Venmo’s homepage, tap the pen and paper icon on the top right.
- Select a person to send money to or receive funds from by entering their username, phone number, or email. You can also long-press a payment partner’s name until a checkbox appears next to it. Then, you can select multiple other payment partners.
- Add the amount you want to send or receive and a reason for the transaction.
- To receive funds, select “Request.”
- To send money, choose “Pay,” make sure that your preferred payment method is highlighted, and tap “Pay” again.
The Venmo app allows you to finalize transactions and check your balance on the go. One of the unique features available only through the app is using Venmo to leverage contactless payments to buy goods from vendors. To do this, try the following.
- Tap the three-stacked lines (hamburger icon) on the homepage, and select the QR code on your profile picture.
- Choose “My Code” and allow the vendor to scan your unique QR code.
- Select “Scan” if the vendor has a printed QR code at the checkout counter.
Venmo is available for both iOS and Android devices, so you can access your account whenever you want on any supported device, be it a smartphone or tablet. For Android users, you need to have a device with android version 5.0 or up.
On the other hand, Venmo is supported on iOS devices that run iOS 12.0 or up, which means that if you have an old device or haven’t upgraded your software for a while, you can still use Venmo. Furthermore, it only requires 146 MB of space, so no need to free up your storage to be able to run it!
Since its introduction in 2012, the PayPal-owned payment service, Venmo, has amassed 83+ million users in the United States.
Often praised for its convenience and security, Venmo has expanded its support to allow Hulu, Amazon, and Uber Eats transactions.
So, can you use Venmo on a PC/ Desktop? After reading our guide, you know now that while some Venmo functionalities are available on the desktop website, you can’t rely on it entirely.
Only Venmo’s mobile application allows you to send or receive funds and access the QR code features.
We highly recommend using the app to maintain your account’s security. If your PC gets hijacked by trojans or malware, your activity and bank information might be compromised.
Always make sure that you use Venmo’s official website and have a good antivirus whenever you need to access your account from a computer.
Finally, steer away from fake, malware-infected Venmo desktop downloads because the service doesn’t have an official PC application.
Did you find this article helpful? For any queries, Let us know in the comments below and we will try our best to help you out!